Monday, June 1, 2015

CARMELITAS DESCALZOS

CARMELITAS DESCALZOS



28//05//2015
Interview with the ocd Superior General, Father Saverio Cannistrà


This past May 7, the General Chapter reelected you to the office of Superior General. At the moment of election, what did you feel?
Saint Paul says that the desires of the flesh are opposed to the desires of the Spirit. I have lived some of that within myself. I do not hide the desire I had of fleeing tiredness, the fear of not having enough strength for another six years of service, the temptation to take my life back into my own hands. But above all that, a basic logic prevailed: if six years ago I said "yes" because I saw in the election by the brothers, an expression of the will of God, I cannot behave in a different way now. Therefore, I ended up by accepting this new call with much peace.
After six years of governance of the Order, I imagine you face this challenge in a different way than six years ago. How can the experience you have gained help you?
In effect, today I see the work that awaits me from a different perspective. The point is to try to continue the work already begun with a better understanding of the difficulties that will arise as well as the reasons that motivate us to carry it out.

No comments: